Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sunday 3 February in Lokaal Vredebreuk - Anna Brag, phinx, and Orson Sven

9pm in Lokaal Vredebreuk, Papenstraat 38, Den Haag
In order of appearance:

Anna Brag At first I was a street musician. Together with the guitar players Paul, Steve, John, Jeroen and Gary I played the streets of London and Amsterdam. Of course I didn..t play with all of them at the same time, that would have made a lot of noise.  We used to play mainly covers, but with Paul and Gary I used to do my own stuff as well. Paul went up North, Steve met the love of his life,Ester, John did his own thing, Gary was going to make it big, last time I saw him he still was, and I divorced Jeroen, lucky me. That left me without a guitar player. First I fiddled around with the guitar a bit myself, but critical as I am, I thought I was shit, so I started playing clarinet, singing jazz. Moved back to Londen and started doing portraits, as you know, you don..t have to sing doing those. Living in a black neighbourhood, I started singing gospel. Moved out of London to live in Hastings, near the sea, and started to do more artwork for exhibitions, singing childrens songs for my two lovely babies. I would have still been singing children songs, if it wasn..t for the fact I missed Iggy and the Stooges. This pissed me of so much, I had to do something to feel good. Even knowing I always felt I can..t do it without a guitar player, this traumatising event pushed me to play myself. And for fucks sake, here I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phinx (Vincent Beijer) schrijft liedjes met focus op mooie akkoord wendingen en details in tekst. Hij begeleidt zichzelf op piano. phinx is veel met muziek bezig en alle aspecten ervan, produceren, opnemen en uitvoeren. Tijdens zijn studie Muziektechnologie heeft hij het bedrijf "ProjectSAM" opgericht waarmee hij orkestrale sample cd's maakt en distribueerd. Verder doet phinx veel media en electronic producties. 

Orson Sven: De zanger & gitarist van de indie-rockband Noblesse - zal een solo-set presenteren met nieuw materiaal, liedjes uit de oude hoed en wat rustige/intieme versies uit het Noblesse repertoire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home